The Type BR sloped wall basement door is designed for installation on areaways with sloped sidewalls built into a home's foundation. Doors can be installed on sidewalls of brick, stone, block, or poured concrete and are supplied with instructions and hardware for proper installation.
Standard Features and Benefits
- Easy to Operate... Gas spring operators and supplemental coil springs counter-balance the door leaves for easy, one-hand operation. Lift assistance can be adjusted to match the force required by the slope of the areaway.
- Weathertight... This sloped wall basement door sheds water, keeps areaway dry and free of debris. Flanged construction sheds water and prevents binding due to ice and snow.
- Rugged... Heavy gauge steel and sturdy concealed hinges that are protected from the weather ensure all-season operation and lasting service.
- Durable... Baked-on Sherwin Williams primer provides a durable base for finish paint
- Secure... Slide bolt lock and internal mounting flanges make your home safe and secure. Optional keyed lock kit available for exterior access.
- Versaltile... Available in three standard sizes and extension panels and foundation plate are available to accommodate virtually any areaway dimension
- Code-Compliant... Satisfies IRC 2021 Building code requirements for emergency egress in finished basement areas.