Add the convenience of direct basement access and get the full use of your home with our Classic Series basement door-primer finish. BILCO basement doors allow homeowners to add code-compliant living space or storage areas to their home. Large items such games tables and furniture for finished areas, or pool supplies and patio furniture for storage areas, move easily through the wide opening of a BILCO door. Doors are available with a factory powder coat finish in colors to match the exterior of any home.
Standard Features and Benefits
- Easy to Operate... Gas Spring lift assistance provides smooth, easy, one-hand operation and prevents the doors from slamming closed.
- Weathertight... The basement door's primer finish sheds water, keeps areaway dry and free of debris. Flanged construction sheds water and prevents binding due to ice and snow.
- Rugged... Heavy gauge steel and sturdy concealed hinges, protected from the weather ensure all-season operation and lasting service.
- Durable... Baked-on Sherwin Williams primer or optional powder coat paint finish in a number of standard colors.
- Secure... Slide bolt lock and internal mounting flanges make your home safe and secure. Optional keyed lock kit available for exterior access.
- Code-Compliant... Satisfies IRC 2021 Building code requirements for emergency egress in finished basement areas.
Optional Powder Coat Paint Finish
The factory applied polyester resin finish provides a durable, weather-resistant coating and eliminates the need to paint your door after installation. This finish is superior finish to conventional paint and makes the BILCO door durable, attractive and extremely scratch-resistant. The finish is available on Size B, Size C, and in six standard colors (Black, Green, White, Sandstone, Gray, Brick) to compliment any home (see color swatches below). Powder coated basement doors can be supplied with a key lock kit and pre-punched holes for ease of installation (see table below).
Powder Coat Finish Warranty: The powder coat finish carries a one-year warranty against flaking, peeling, or blistering under normal conditions. This warranty excludes damage caused during the product installation process or resulting from falling objects,scratching, abrading, or misuse or abuse of the product in any way.